In the following link, Commission on Elections (Comelec) Chairman Benjamin Abalos Sr. makes it abundantly clear that our "pellet guns" are exempt from the gun ban, so I'm hoping that our safe and legal silhouette competition activities can continue on.
The whole article is quoted below (highlight mine):
Comelec helpless vs pellet guns
01/14/2007 10:14 AM
Pellet guns are not covered by the firearms ban during the election period, Commission on Elections (Comelec) Chairman Benjamin Abalos Sr. admitted Sunday.
Abalos made the admission on the first day of the election gun ban, even as he reminded owners of “real" guns not to bring their weapons outside their homes.
“Pellet guns ’di kasama ’yan. Pero sa shooting competition, [’yung] totoong baril talagang ban ’yan (Pellet guns are not included in the ban, but those in shooting competitions are included because they are real guns)," he said in an interview on DZXL radio.
Abalos warned gun owners against violating the ban, saying they face imprisonment of up to six years and perpetual disqualification from voting or seeking election.
He said those who feel they are threatened and want to be exempted from the ban should apply for proper exemption.
“Pag nahuli ang penalty one year to six years. Perpetually ’di kayo mag-okupa ng public office at bumoto (Offenders face up to six years’ imprisonment and will be permanently disqualified from seeking public office and voting)," he said.
Meanwhile, Abalos said he expects the Comelec to come out with a list of the voters and precincts added for this May’s elections.
The list will take into account the “new" voters who registered between September and December 31 last year.
“Next month or March lalabas ito pagkakataon (By February or March the list will come out)," he said. - GMANews.TV